CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new

When we annouced we were moving to Texas, my brother and sister in law (Brian and Annie) offered us their old couch which was still in Annie's family but they were ready to get rid of it. We gladly took it, as we had NO furniture what so ever. Anyone who knew Brian and Annie when they first got married knows the couch I'm talking about. I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I do know that this couch has made it through 4 households that I know for sure - including ours. We have really been grateful for a place to sit. However, we needed more room and seating as we know our house will be receiving more guests once Reese arrives. So this weekend, we went and bought some new furniture. It was delivered today. The following are two pictures of the new furniture and one of the old couch! For now the old couch is in the garage as we are trying to figure out what to do with it! Thanks Brian and Annie for the donation - it was a life saver!!! We love you!



1 comments:

Annie said...

I like your new furniture! :) That old furniture had been through it. My parents bought as Bonus Room furniture when I was in the 7th grade, it then became my dad's furniture when my parents' divorced, then I think it went in storage for a while, then it was ours, then it went in storage again while Brian was at boot camp, and then we got a few more months out of it while we were waiting for our house to be built not knowing what we wanted to buy yet, then it was in my cousin's apartment, then in storage again, then you guys. I think we can safely say they had a good life. lol
I hope your enjoy your new couches. They look comfy. Where did you get them?