CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Review

Its Monday again! No baby yet. We had a pretty laid back weekend. It was (is) a four day weekend for Cory in celebration - Thank you Dr. Martin Luther Kind, Jr!! Saturday we went to WalMart for a couple of last minute things (including Reese's take home outfit - I'll explain once you see it why it came from WalMart). We headed over to the PX (Post exchange - kind of like WalMart) for dinner at the best sub shop ever, Charley's. Sunday we just hung around the house as the girls have had some sort of Respiratory junk they've been fighting off. Today was more of the same. The girls go back to school tomm, I'm off to the OB for what hopes to be my last visit before Reese comes. Cory has one more day to be a bum. Kind of boring, I guess. But I'm not complaining - I know there's chaos just around the corner. I took another belly pic this weekend, hopefully I'll get around to posting it soon. Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

On a side note: I've got two questions for you guys. After receiving some answers, I will post a blog as to why I've asked these two "random questions". Please take a minute and answer them as best you can. Thanks!!
1. Think back in your memory (some farther than others) to what you were taught in KINDERGARTEN or any elementary grade about Martin Luther King, Jr. Can you remember anything specific? Teachers of this age group, I definitely would like to know whats on your curriculum these days!!
2. Were you EVER told that Martin Luther King Jr's name was Michael?

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am glad you guys were able to relax this weekend. I hope the girls get to feeling better soon.

As to your questions:
1. I honestly don't remember learning much about MLK other than his famous speech and faught for equal rights and was assasinated. I can't think of anything specific.
2. No

Anonymous said...

In the past, we've had to include something in our lesson plans about MLK - even if it's just a discussion. I've always explained to the kids that people a long time ago (and some still today) don't treat people with other skin colors than ours fairly - I include Hispanics and Asians as well...anyone who doesn't have "white" skin. We talk about how MLK went around encouraging people to be fair to one another, no matter if they're different from us or not. I know in 3rd grade, they talk about civil rights and segregation in social studies. The basic point that teachers try to bring across is simply treating all people with respect.