CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

And its only day 9

So here's another chapter in our saga... I called the Pediatrician this morning only to be told that she couldn't fit him in today. I made an appointment for tomm, reluctantly. Around 1200 noon Reese became increasingly uncomfortable - he had not had a very restful morning. So I decided to go up to the MD's office and demand that he be seen. So Cory and I went. I told them that he needed to be seen either by our Ped or by the ER. Those were my only options. My Ped refused to see him because she was having to pick up the slack for her partner who had called in sick. Annoyed and frustrated, Cory and I headed over to the ER. I'll save all the boring details of our day, and give you the Reader's Digest version. After 5 HOURS of waiting in the waiting room, Reese finally managed to poop.I have NEVER been so happy about cleaning a poopy diaper. Cory and I decided to stop waiting because whatever the problem was had apparently resolved on its own. As we were leaving, we were stopped by the guy in triage and told that we would be seen soon. SO we decided to wait and talk to the MD. At 7 pm, we were taken into the back and placed on a bed in the hallway. The MD came and decided to do an xray of Reese's belly to check for any abnormalities. He also took a urine sample. To make a long story short, Reese looks good now. The MD is pretty sure he had a blockage of some sort that fortunately, Reese's body took care of. No UTI, but possible bacteria in his urine. The MD did reassure me that I was right for being concerned because of the drastic change in habits. It was not normal to go from pooping every feeding to NONE and for 4 days!!! So all's well that ends well. Cory and I returned home around 9:15 pm ( 8 hours after leaving)exhausted and starving.
So I'm off to bed. Hopefully Reese's body will regulate in the next day or so now that its all cleaned out. Thank you all for your prayers - I've definitely felt them over the last couple of days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christan! This is Lindsay Norman, Jordan Layton's girlfriend. I just wanted to stop by and "introduce" myself as I have been reading your blog ever since you have left such sweet and encouraging comments on Jordan's blog. I want to thank you for all of your support and prayers! It means so much and is so touching to hear words of encouragement from people I have never even met! Anyway...Congratulations on your new baby! He looks adorable and seems to be the perfect addition to your family! Thank you again for your kind words and hang in there! Your family will be in my prayers!

--Lindsay

Varner Party of 3 said...

Holy cow! He went 4 days??? Yeah, I don't blame you for demanding to be seen. Thank the Lord that everything cleared out! Isn't it amazing how we get so excited over the craziest things as mothers? People without children don't quite understand how fabulous it is when your child poops! Glad to hear everything is ok.

Mom said...

Found your blog through a friend of mine. I too am an Army wife. My hubby is in Afghanistan. I'm glad to read your baby is btter. Hope you don't mind me commenting.

natalie said...

I know how it feels to be happy to clean a poopy diaper. I tried to change Emma's formula once, and it made her extremely constipated.

The Browns said...

Yay for poop!