CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Staples and paper clips



Tuesday was Reese's one month birthday. I know I'm a little late with this post. I'm proud to say that we've all survived the first month! Its been a bit rough at times, but I hope we're on the up swing now. Reese has added so much to my life - things I never knew I was even missing. I've always been a woman who never wanted to stay at home - I've always said that "stay at home mom's" are special people, and I'm not called to do that. When the girls were born, I had to work and go to school, as I didn't know if God had it in his plans to give me a husband. I spent so much time "making a life" for us that I missed a lot of the important things in their lives. Their first steps, first words, etc were all experienced by other people. I got my degree(s) and I was content to work full time so that I could have my "me" time. Reese allowed me to open my eyes while I was pregnant. I was forced to stay at home and I began to understand how nice it was. Now don't get me wrong - there are days that I can't wait to go back to work but for the most part, I have really enjoyed being the one to take/pick up the girls, have dinner with Cory and the girls every night that Uncle Sam allows, and to know that if and when something happens with either Cory or the girls, I am the FIRST phone call - not the last! So we've made a monumental decision (at least its monumental for me): When we move home, I will stay at home with the kids and only work PRN (as needed) at EMS. I want to do this for many reasons, but mainly because I know that the next 2 years will be extremely trying on us all as Cory is set to deploy to Afghanistan in a few months. I feel that our kids need me to be a staple in their life and not just a paper clip that barely holds us together!!! I feel confident in my decision - that it is God's plan for our family. I don't know what our future holds, but I know that God is leading me to stay home so that we can deal with it all together. I will work part time/ PRN so that I can keep up my skills and continue to do a job that I LOVED before I left. Please begin to pray (or continue to pray for those of you who are ahead of the game) - pray for Cory's safety, pray for our kids who will have to endure the uncertanty (sp) of war through a child's eyes, and for me that I will have the words to give my family to comfort them while I myself need comfort and that I will have the strength to support my husband and keep our household running smoothly.
Here's a pic of our little man. I promise to do better with pics in the future!! Happy Birthday, Hubba (and no that's not a typo)!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Happy 1 month, Reese. He really looks like Cory.
Can't wait to get my hands on him! (obviously, I mean, Reese here and not Cory. . lol)

I think you are making a great decision. I have always said that while there are days I feel like I need a job and to get out, I could not share Hannah with anyone. I would be so jealous if someone else had to tell me about her day (I know this will happen one day, I am just not ready yet). We just all have to make the choice that is best for us and our family. Different strokes for different folks.
Also, you will be amazed when you get home how busy you can end up being even as a stay-at-home mom. You are also lucky you will have your mom to keep the kids while you work PRN.

We are praying!

Kelly said...

Good for you!! I KNOW it was a huge decision (and one that I've made myself over the past few months) that took lots of prayer and guidance from God. You will LOVE being home with your baby and your girls!