CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Blue mouth baby

Today was Reese's 2 week check up. He's doing SO MUCH better now that we are adjusted to the new formula. He hasn't gained weight, actually lost a few ounces - weighing in at 9 lbs 5 oz. He has grown lengthwise though, measuring 21 &3/4 inches long. He's still got a touch of thrush in his mouth, so the MD put a blue dye (forgive me for not remembering the name) all over his mouth. So for the next couple of days Reese will look like he has eaten an ink pen. You should have seen the looks I got today when I was out getting a couple of things done. Hopefully I'll get a good picture of it before it goes away - it looks really funny. He was also diagnosed with GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease). Doesn't really mean anything, just that he has reflux (very common for babies). Hopefully he will outgrow it!! So that's it. We are all doing well. Just busy getting back into the swing of reality now that Grammie's gone! Oh how we miss her! Anyway. I hope you all have a good week!!

5 comments:

The Dales said...

Did you get anything for GERD? I hear there is some meds out there for it and I know there are formulas made for it also...that may help. I feel so sorry for GERD babies...they are so helpless! I'll be praying for you all!

Medic Mom said...

No meds yet. Maybe in the future. I know there are formulas that help. He seems to be doing well with what he's on now, but I love knowing there are still more options. Thank you for your continued prayers!! I need them!

Amber said...

I'm sorry the breastfeeding didn't work out. I'm glad to hear Reese is doing better and all his plumbing is working! Next time you talk to Amy, tell her I said "hi." We graduated h.s. together and I was tickled to see her on your blog.

The Browns said...

Those Grammie/Grammys are pretty great! I don't know what I would do if I were half way across the country with a new baby without my moma!

Kelly said...

So sorry to hear about the breastfeeding, but at least everything is getting worked out for all of you!