CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Bless our hearts...

I called the Pediatrician today, after a night of NO POOP and discovering that Reese was developing thrush. Last night was VERY hard for me. I feel like I'm trying to do all the "right" things only to have my son miserable at 8 days old. I cried and cried with frustration. Reese has been a real trooper until today. He did not want to eat at all this morning. I don't know if it was from the discomfort of the thrush or the discomfort of the constipation - or maybe a combination of both!! So after crying through a bottle (the both of us) because he refused to nurse at all and crying him to sleep (again the both of us) - I broke down and called the MD. I felt like such a failure as I have NEVER had to call a doctor on the weekend for any of my kids. When she returned my call, I broke down. She reassured me that it was nothing I did or didn't do - some babies just do this. I appreciated the gesture, but I still feel like I've done something wrong. Anyway. The pediatrician called in some antifungal for the thrush and told me to try a suppository. So hopefully relief is in sight for us all. Please pray for little Reese that God will comfort him and for me that God will comfort my nerves!!! Thank you all who have given me words of encouragement!! I've really needed them here lately. You guys are the best!

0 comments: