CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

I was looking at my blog today and realized that although my blog promises to talk about being an Army wife, I have not really discussed much about that part of my life. I guess I've just been caught up in family stuff - and can you blame me?!?! So today's Thursday 13 is dedicated to 13 things I love/ hate about being an Army wife. My hope is that I can make it half and half - we'll see.

1) We have GREAT medical benefits.
2) The Army has provided us with a nice house where we pay no utilities!
3) I am so proud to say that I walk amoung true American heroes everyday.
4) The Army has given Cory and I a good start financially that we wouldn't have had otherwise.
5) Though few and far between, we have made some really good friends.
6) Anything we buy on post (at the Comissary/ PX) is tax free.
7) The girls have been able to see things they otherwise would not have.
*** Now the hate list - I could go on and on with this one***
8) I have NO say about our vacations. We have to take them when the Army deems it to be suitable.
9) Because some Army wives are not educated and are seen as "idiots", I am automatically assumed to be the same way - even though I have 3 college degrees.
10) I never know if or when I'll see my husband at the end of the day. There is no 9-5 in the Army.
11) The Army has some of the dumbest rules and no reason for them. I could do an entire post on this one!! Those of you who know me know that I have a real issue with doing something just because - I need a reason and a valid one at that!!
12) The Army has taken me away from everything that I know and love !!!
13) I have to hear all the horror stories from my husband about his daily trials both here and in theater (war zone) and know that there is NOTHING i can ever do about it.

I could find tons of other things I hate about the Army. I have been very disappointed about the Army - it is NOTHING like we have imagined. I'm sorry this seems to be a gripe. Let's just say I haven't had a good week with Uncle Sam! Next week will be more positive, I promise!!

1 comments:

The Browns said...

i want to hear some of the stupid rules!