CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Pink eye, diaper rash & back pain

I know by my title you are jealous of my life right now, huh?!?! Yeah right. I THINK we've discovered why Reese screams while he poops. Are you ready for the BIG mystery? DIAPER RASH. Its gotten bad over the days because he poops like 7-8 times a day - I'm not kidding - and we have to clean him so much. Now I'm on the hunt for a cure for Diaper rash - any suggestions? We've done the Huggies diaper rash ointment, vaseline, Nystatin cream, and now we are trying Desitin. We're also doing the "airing out" method of healing a couple of times a day along with limiting our use of wipes (trying to use a wet wash cloth or wet toilet paper). Any advice, as always, is greatly needed!!!
As if a screaming baby wasn't enough to deal with, Samantha has PINK EYE!! And its only a matter of time before Hailey gets it (and maybe the rest of us). We've been to the MD, hopefully it will clear up in the next day or two!
On top of that, I've done something to my back. I'm sure its a combination of several things (ie carrying the baby around, sleeping sitting up on the couch, using poor posture while feeding the baby, etc). All I know is that by the end of each day I can barely walk. Cory paid for me to have a Spa day on Saturday - including an hour long massage. I felt great for about 6 hours and then the pain returned! I know I need to rest, but who has time for that?
So now you're all caught up on my life. Nothing exciting, as usual - but I've grown to really enjoy my boring life! Who knew?!?! Hope you all are having a good week!!

5 comments:

Annie said...

About the rash, you may want to ask your doctor b/c it could be yeast. If so, you need a rx cream, not the normal stuff. I only know this b/c Hannah had it.

I am sorry Samanthan has pink eye. That's no fun!

I also hope your back gets better soon.

I am sorry you are having a rough week with lots going on. I hope it gets better.

natalie said...

I currently have Flanders Buttocks Ointment, and that has worked for Emma when she's had diaper rash. They keep it behind the pharmacy counter in Target so you have to ask for it. I've heard that Boudreaux's Butt Paste is great, but I haven't tried it. I hope all of you are feeling better soon!

Varner Party of 3 said...

I agree with Annie. If it's that bad, you need a prescription (like I know). Check out what Natalie mentioned. She also mentioned B's Butt Paste. We found that it didn't work as well as A&D Ointment - not cream, but old fashioned yellowy orange ointment. (The cream is good too, but...) It cleared up Gavin's rear fast! Poor little hiney!

Kelly said...

We use Boudreaux's Butt Paste right now, but we've used Desitin, and Aveeno before too and they've worked. I've heard that what Natalie suggested works really well. But we've had to get perscription stuff for Caroline before too.

Jessi said...

My Mema always puts cornstarch on Tucker when his gets bad, and then we also have a perscription. So those two, combined w/ Vaseline work for us. But you also might want to dry this powder that's in a pink bottle and starts w/ a C. It works well too. (Pampers has a sensitive wipe that is great)