CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

For you ladies...

I'm a BIG card person - meaning I love to give and receive cards. Up until recently, I had a bag full of cards that I would pull from and leave them around for Cory. I need to get back to this as we are trying to "get it together" again. Anyway. My mom is a BIG card person too - must be genetic. Since we've lived in Texas, I've needed more encouragement than I've ever needed in my life. I have received many cards and words of encouragement and they always seem to come at just the righ time. Why do I say all of this?!?!? Well, my mom sent me a card just before Reese was born and when I received it, I thought to myself "wow, that was nice" and put it with the rest. Since Reese has been here, I read it at least once a day (sometimes once an hour) to help me make it. So I'm going to share it with you now. You ladies are some of the strongest women I know - even if I don't "know" you, through the magic of the internet, I have been given a window into your hearts. I love reading your blogs and knowing that we all have our "crosses to carry". I hope this brings you some joy and encouragemtn when you need it the most!!

You are One of the Strongest Women I know...
Strong women are those who know the road ahead will be strewn with obstacles, but they still choose to walk it because it's the right one for them.
Strong women are those who make mistakes, who admit to them, learn from those failures, and then use that knowledge.
Strong women are easily hurt, but they still extend their hearts and hands, knowing the risk and accepting the pain when it comes.
Strong women are sometimes beat down by life, but they still stand back up and step forward again.
Strong women are afraid. They face fear and move ahead to the future, as uncertain as it can be.
Strong women are not those who succeed the first time. They're the ones who fail time and again, but still keep trying until they succeed.
Strong women face daily trials of life, sometimes with a tear, but always with their heads held high as the new day dawns.
- Brenda Hager-

3 comments:

Haley said...

I love this!! Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

I liked that!

I used to love cards. I mean, I still do, but I am slack about them now. In college, I sent cards to people at least once a week, now they are lucky to get a birthday card. haha That's just the nature of my life now.

Kelly said...

I love it too! :-)