CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Getting back on track...

So last you guys heard from me I was waiting patiently for my husband to come and get me for my Valentine's Surprise!!!! It was GREAT! After getting the baby to sleep and laying down in his bed, Cory came to get me. The girls got the priviledge to eat in their room for dinner so it was just us!! As I walked down the hall, the house was dark. The only light was a row of 14 tea light candles on the banister in the living room and the half wall in the kitchen, and a candle holder with five candles surrounded by 6 tea light candles on the table. There was a bottle of champagne chilling in the Valentine's bucket I gave Cory (it was filled with goodies). Cory had made lasagna (well, Stouffer's actually made it - but he did a great job heating it up). In the back ground, the song "Everything I Do" was playing. I cried, Cory cried - it was beautiful. At my seat were three cards waiting. One from each of the girls and a hand written note from Cory. In the letter was an explanation of the significance of the number of candles. 14- one for every month we've been married. 5- one for each of us in the family. 6- one for each of us again plus one for future Trotters.
So it was nice to have dinner with my husband - alone. I was so afraid that we had lost that ability to connect. It really warmed my heart to know that I am really appreciated. I'm glad to say that I think we are getting back on track!!! Keep those ideas coming - though. I need all the help I can get!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

That was so thoughtful and sweet!